Intro to Game Development using Unity – Part I
- A PC or laptop computer
- Download and install Unity 5 (see lesson 2)
A 2D game will be developed from scratch and you’ll learn the basics of game development and more.
Perfect for Middle and High School students and just about anyone else who wants to get started developing games. No programming experience at all is required – just an interest in creating a game in Unity, the same software used to create Pokemon Go and so many other best selling games! You’ll painlessly learn the basics of scripting too because the videos introduce scripting as necessary along the way.
You’ll be amazed at how fast you can learn Unity. And, you’ll quickly become confident with all the game-creating basics. The pace of each video is designed for ease of learning, and not designed to cram as much as possible into each lesson. As an option, for those of you who want to continue game development using more features of Unity, the Part II course is available to add to your journey…
(BTW, the 2D game developed in this series is based on the Flappy Worms game available on Google Play).
What are students saying about this course?
AWESOME!!!!!! This tutorial is clear and easy to understand. You have explained everything perfectly and I had no problems at all as well as in the last few tutorials. I have got to understand about developing games and I love it.
– The video has very good graphic’s quality
– The sound is clear
– You speak nicely a slow which makes me understand everything really easily
– This tutorial is really for the very beginners and I have learned new thing without problems at all.
PS: I was trying to search tutorials like this for weeks and now I found your videos, You won’t even believe how proud am I because I would like to be a software or a game developer. Sorry for my English, but I am still learning. Thank You! BlenderModeling CZ
- This course is for complete beginners with no programming experience
- Teenagers, middle and high school students, artists, hobbyists, and others will get a gentle introduction to game development
- This course is not for users already familiar with developing games using Unity