C++ Tutorial for Complete Beginners
What will you learn in this course?
- You’ll be able to develop powerful C++ programs
- You’ll be able to apply for C++ jobs, with at least a possibility of success
- You’ll understand the basics of computer programming, including Object Orientation
- You can use any C++ IDE (terms explained in the course) and compiler to follow this course; all the software you need is free, but you may need to do a little Googling to find explicit install instructions for your platform.
This course teaches you the powerful, fast and popular C++ programming language from scratch, assuming only basic computer knowledge. If you want to develop apps that squeeze the most power from your computer — high-end desktop games or complex artificial intelligence programs, for instance — or if you want to use a language that lets you get close to your machine and access all of your computer’s hardware, C++ is the language for you. While C++ is quite challenging, in this course we’ll learn the basics step by step; towards the end of the course, you’ll learn how to create a beautiful “particle fire” program, including a smattering of the basic principles of game development.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is intended for those who are computer literate and familiar with downloading and unzipping files, using the Internet and so on, and who want to learn to program
- C++ is one of the more challenging computer programming languages — so expect to encounter difficulties! You will need a degree of patience and persistence.